Baking is deeply advantageous for improving mental health, with benefits including mindfulness, satisfaction and sensory pleasure. Baking enables those who struggle with depression and anxiety to delve into a focused activity occupying the mind and body.
Some of the benefits baking can have on our mental health:
- It has meditative and calming qualities.
- It stimulates the senses which in turn increases feel-good endorphins.
- It is a creative activity; there are links between creative expression and overall wellbeing.
- It’s social activity that can open you up to the joy of giving and sharing.
- Baking boosts confidence and provides a sense of achievement.